Ibn Battuta: The Man Who Walked Across the World
Part 1: Wanderlust
Please contact-us to report any broken links.
Beginning in north Africa, Tim visits Battutah's birthplace of Tangier in Morocco, and stumbles on a performance of medieval trance music. In Egypt, he goes to a remote village where Battutah had an astonishing prophetic dream and visits the world's oldest university in Cairo.
Part 2: Magicians and Mystics
Part 3: Trade Winds
- Ibn Battuta
- Ibn Battuta and the 14th Century Muslim World
- Mapping the World
- The Travels of Ibn Fadlan
- The Travels of Ibn Jubair
- Al-Ramhormuzi and the Wonders of India
- Better Directions at Sea: The Piri Reis Innovation
- Echos of What Lies Behind the 'Ocean of Fogs'
- Scandinavia and Ibn Fadlan