Islamic History of Europe
An Islamic History of Europe, produced and broadcasted by BBC 4 in 2005 is a documentary about the Islamic influence on Europe and the effect of the Islamic civilization, learning and sciences on the Western world. In this 90-minute documentary, Rageh Omaar, the presenter of the series, uncovers the hidden story of Europe's Islamic past and looks back to a Golden Age when European civilisation was enriched by Islamic learning. Rageh travels across medieval Muslim Europe to reveal the vibrant civilisation that scholars from Muslim Civilisation brought to the West.
- Bringing to Life the Islamic History of Europe
- The fallacy of the 'Dark Ages'
- The spread of Arabic scientific literature to Europe
- The impact of Al-Battani on European Astronomy
- Transmission of Muslim Astronomy to Europe
- Ahmad Ibn Fadhlan in Northern Europe
- The Influence of Islamic Culinary Art on Europe
- Muslim Musical Instruments Transmitted to Europe
- Impact of Latin translations of Arabic texts on European society
...and many more related articles in MuslimHeritage.com
|► Online Shop||► Global Distributors||► UK Distributors|
|► Book||► Reviews||► Comments|
|► Teachers' Pack||► VIP Gallery||► References|
|► FAQs||► About Us||► Contact Us|